Friday 23 January 2015

Andreas Seppi knocks out Roger Federer at Australian Open

Roger Federer has been knocked out of the 2015 Australian Open after a shock third-round exit at the hands of Italian.Roger Federer lost in four sets to Italy's Andreas Seppi.
Federer was completely knocked out as the world number 46 Italian downed the 17-times major champion 6-4, 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 7-6 (7-5).
It is the first time since 2003 that Federer will not reach the Australian Open semi-finals. It is also his earliest exit since 2001.
Seppi will now meet the winner of Australian hopeful Nick Kyrgios's third-round clash with Tunisia's Malek Jaziri.In a courtside interview after his victory he said,

"I just tried to enjoy playing on centre court again," Seppi said .
"It's not often you get the chance to play on centre court.
"I just tried to play my best and I did because I was playing Roger.
"You never feel comfortable playing against Roger, but I was focussing on my service game, I didn't have many chances on his serve."
“To beat Roger first time, especially in a Grand Slam, best-of-five, is a special moment for me,”
 “Of course, at the beginning, I just went on the court to enjoy the match and to play my best tennis… I was pretty calm. I have to say, from the beginning [and] also in the important moments.”
Reports from Abc Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment