Tuesday 27 January 2015

Fidel Castro supports settlement of US-Cuba diplomatic relations


Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro has has given it a thought to restore diplomatic ties with the US. He supports the negotiations even though he distrusts politics in Washington.In a letter to a student federation read at the University of Havana, he wrote:

"I don't trust the policy of the US, nor have I exchanged a word with them, but this does not mean I reject a peaceful solution to conflicts."
"I don't trust the policy of the United States, nor have I exchanged a word with them, but this does not mean I reject a pacific solution to the conflicts,"

Castro wrote in a letter to a student federation read at the University of Havana.

Also in a letter published by the state-run newspaper Granma,He wrote,

"We will always defend cooperation and friendship with all the people of the world, including with our political adversaries,"

His silence on the issue had led to growing speculation over his health.

Earlier this month, Fidel Castro sent a letter to former footballer Diego Maradona to quash rumours that he had died.
Source [AP]

No comments:

Post a Comment