Wednesday 21 January 2015

"Hero" Lassana Bathily Get French Citizenship

Lassana Bathily,the Malian-born Muslim employee has been awarded French citizenship by French Prime Minister Manuel Valls and Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve.
He has been named a "Hero" for saving the lives of shoppers who came to shop when Islamist gunman came into the supermarket on the January 9th attack that four persons were killed.He was brave enough to hide their customers in an underground freezer from the Islamist gunman at a Paris kosher supermarket.
At the ceremony attended by top French ministers, Mr Bathily said he was "proud and moved" to become a citizen.

His brave efforts came to light when he sneaked out and told his story after hiding people in a cold store room during the assault by Coulibaly. He stated after receiving his citizenship,
"People say I'm a hero but I'm not a hero. I'm Lassana," he said at the ceremony.
"I'll stay the same. I would do the same again, because I was following my heart."

1 comment: