Friday 19 June 2015

Senator Ben Bruce refuses to respond to Osun Govt during Ramadan

Senator Ben Murray-Bruce of Bayelsa state who willingly proposed to donate his wardrobe allowance to the good people of Osun state who have not be paid their 7 months salaries has stated that he would not reply the Government of the state over their attack on him for his goodwill to the state.
He stated through his twitter account that he would not respond now until after the Ramadan season is over based on the fact that he respect Islam even though he is not Muslim.He tweeted,

"I'll take whatever attacks come my way but nothing & nobody can dissuade me from doing what my conscience directs in helping my fellow man."

"The month of Ramadan is here. Many unpaid workers will fast. With what will they break their fast? I thought of that and it moved me to act."
"I may not be a Muslim, but I respect Islam and I believe that it is wrong for me to respond to any attack during the Holy month of Ramadan."
"I wish the Muslim Ummah a successful fast. Please pray for God's intervention in Nigeria so that peace may return. Ramadan Kareem!"

No comments:

Post a Comment